Terms & Conditions, Refund Policy, Pricing & Promotion Policy.
Kobogigs’ Terms of Service
Last Update: June 2022
Welcome to kobogigs.com.ng.
The following terms of service (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the Kobogigs website and mobile application, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.kobogigs.com.ng or the Kobogigs mobile application (the "Site") by Kobogigs collectively referred hereto as "Kobogigs" "we" or "us" and “you” or “user” means you as a user of the Site.
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. If you are under 18 and at least 13 years of age, you are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. If you are under 13 you are not permitted to use the Site or the Kobogigs services. By using the Site, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request here.
Buyers are users who purchase services on Kobogigs.
Custom Offers are exclusive proposals that a Seller can create in response to specific requirements of a Buyer.
Custom Orders are requests made by a Buyer to receive a Custom Offer from a Seller.
Extras are additional services offered on top of the Seller’s Gig for an additional price defined by the Seller.
Gig Packages allow Sellers to offer services in different formats and prices. Packages can include upgrades, which lets Sellers price their service for a basic price of over N1,000.
Gig Page is where the Seller can describe their Gig and the Gig’s terms, and the Buyer can purchase the Gig and create an order.
Gig / Gigs are services offered on Kobogigs.
Logo Design is an original design for a logo uploaded by a Seller through the Kobogigs Logo Maker.
Order Page is where Buyers and Sellers communicate with each other in connection with an ordered Gig.
Orders are the formal agreements between a Buyer and Seller after a purchase was made from the Seller’s Gig Page.
Sellers are users who offer and perform services through Gigs or through the Logo Maker on Kobogigs.
Overview (Main terms, in a nutshell)
Kobogigs is all about helping Sellers leverage their skills. We seek to empower top performing Sellers with helpful tools to grow their business. Sellers who invest in self-promotion may achieve greater customer satisfaction. And, if they deliver on time and maintain high quality and ratings, Kobogigs may reward them with new statuses, special opportunities, benefits, and tools that come with it.
Top Rated Sellers
Kobogigs Sellers have access to several exclusive features that help customize the way their services can be offered.
Shipping Physical Deliverables
Some of the services on Kobogigs are delivered physically (prints, arts and crafts, collectable items, etc.). For these types of Gigs, Sellers may decide to define a shipping pricing factor.
· Kobogigs accredits Sellers once an order is completed. See the "Orders” section in the Terms of Service for a definition of a completed order.
· If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Kobogigs Balance.
· Sellers are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any GST, VAT or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction. Sellers represent and warrant that they comply, and will comply at all times, with their obligations under income tax provisions in their jurisdiction. The price shown on the Gig page or on the Logo Maker order page is inclusive of all such taxes and charges that may apply to the Sellers.
· Appointment as Limited Payment Collection Agent: Seller hereby appoints Kobogigs as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remitting those payments to Seller. Seller agrees that payment from Buyer to Kobogigs shall be considered the same as a made directly to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Kobogigs (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Kobogigs (via its Payment Services Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Seller in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that Kobogigs (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Kobogigs and not the Buyer directly. Seller agrees that Kobogigs may describe or otherwise reflect the terms contained herein in any terms of service, receipts, disclosures, or notices including, but not limited to, receipts provided to Buyers that Kobogigs may deem necessary or prudent.
· Kobogigs partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Kobogigs Balances. All payments services in connection with the withdrawal of funds on the Kobogigs platform are performed by Kobogigs’s Payment Services Providers.
· To withdraw your revenue, you must have an account with at least one of Kobogigs's Payment Service Providers for the withdrawal methods listed below. All funds eligible for Withdrawal will be held on your behalf at an account with Kobogigs’s Payment Services Provider. All payment services, including withdrawal services, will be provided by Kobogigs’s Payment Services Provider.
· Your Kobogigs profile can be associated with only one account from each Kobogigs withdrawal method. A Payment Service Provider withdrawal account can be associated with only one Kobogigs profile.
· Revenues are only made available for withdrawal from the Revenue page following a safety clearance period of 14 days after the order is marked as complete. Top Rated Sellers are eligible to withdraw revenue following a safety clearance period of 7 days after the order is marked as complete.
· Sellers may withdraw their revenues using one of Kobogigs’s withdrawal options (see Withdrawal Section below regarding payment terms). To withdraw your available revenue, you must click on the designated withdrawal provider to initiate the withdrawal process.
· For security concerns, Kobogigs may temporarily disable a Seller’s ability to withdraw revenue to prevent fraudulent or illicit activity. This may come as a result of security issues, improper behavior reported by other users, or associating multiple Kobogigs accounts to a single withdrawal provider.
· Withdrawals can only be made in the amount available to you.
· Withdrawal fees vary depending on the withdrawal method.
· Withdrawals are final and cannot be undone. We will not be able to reverse this process once it has begun.
· Sellers will be able to withdraw their revenues from disabled accounts after a safety period of 90 days following full verification of ownership of the account in question, from the day of the last cleared payment received in their account and subject to Kobogigs's approval.
Bank Deposit - N100 per transfer*. For more information,
* Additional fees may apply based on your choice of bank.
· Buyers pay Kobogigs to create an order from a Seller’s Gig page or Custom Offer, using the Order Now button or through the Logo Maker. Kobogigs partners with Payment Services Providers for purposes of collecting all payments from Buyers, transferring such payments from Buyers to Sellers, and holding funds in connection with Kobogigs Balances. All payments services in connection with the collection of funds on the Kobogigs platform are performed by Kobogigs’s Payment Services Providers.
· Kobogigs serves as Seller’s limited authorized payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting payments (via its Payment Services Provider, if applicable) from Buyer, and remitting those payments to Seller. Buyer’s payment obligation to Seller will be satisfied upon receipt of payment by Kobogigs (or its Payment Services Provider, as applicable), and Kobogigs (via its Payment Service Provider, as applicable) is responsible for remitting the funds to the Seller in the manner described in these Payment Terms. In the event that Kobogigs (via Payment Services Provider) does not remit any such amounts to Seller, the Seller will have recourse only against Kobogigs and not the Buyer directly.
· In most locations, purchases on Kobogigs can be made by using one of the following payment methods: Credit Card, PayPal, Kobogigs Credits or existing Kobogigs Balance. Additional payment methods may apply in certain locations.
· Service fees are added at the time of purchase where you can review and accept the total amount requested to pay. These fees cover administrative fees. As of March 2021, the service fees are 5.5% of the purchase amount. For purchases under N30,000 an additional $500 small order fee will be applied.
· Your existing Kobogigs Balance will be automatically applied to your next purchase.
· You may not offer Sellers to pay, or make payment using any method other than through the Kobogigs.com.ng site. In case you have been asked to use an alternative payment method, please report it immediately to Customer Support here.
· You agree to receive invoices and/or payment receipts from Kobogigs in electronic form as PDF documents, by email or through the Site.
· By using any payment method and/or providing payment details for making purchases on Kobogigs, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are legally authorized to provide such information; (b) you are legally authorized or have permission to make payments using the payment method(s); (c) if you are an employee or agent of a company or person that owns the payment method, you are authorized by that company or person to use the payment method to make payments on Kobogigs; and (d) such actions do not violate any applicable law.
In certain instances, Kobogigs may offer you credits (“Kobogigs Credits” or “Credits”), either for promotional purposes or otherwise, to be used for purchasing Gigs and/or other services offered on the Site. Your available Credit balance will appear in your account. Your valid Kobogigs Credits will be automatically applied to your next purchase and can be viewed in your order summary after you place the order. Unless stated otherwise, Kobogigs Credits expire following three months from their receipt. Kobogigs Credits serve only as an incentive to use Kobogigs, and, therefore, are not redeemable for cash, have no cash value and are nonrefundable. Once used, Kobogigs Credits may not be returned to your account even if your Order gets canceled. Kobogigs Credits may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to You upon receipt of the Credits. Credits may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of these Terms. Kobogigs reserves the right to modify or cancel the Kobogigs Credits program at any time. If you or Kobogigs deactivate or suspend your Kobogigs account, any unused Kobogigs Credits in your account will be forfeited.
From time to time we may offer you promo codes for purchasing Gigs and/or other services offered on the Site, on special discounts. Promo Codes are valid only for purchases on Kobogigs and are subject to different time limitations and will expire after their predefined term. To exercise your promo code, simply enter the code on the checkout page. If you fail to do so, your purchase will not be eligible for the discount. Promo codes are limited to one use per user and may not be used or combined with any other promotion. For orders that are composed of one or more milestones, the promo code will apply to the first milestone only. Promo Codes do not apply to Kobogigs Credits. Promo codes may be subject to additional conditions and restrictions as will be disclosed to you upon receipt of the promo codes. Promo codes may be voided in the event of fraud, misuse, or violation of the Terms of Service. Kobogigs reserves the right to modify or cancel promo codes at any time.
· Kobogigs may be required by applicable laws to charge users with indirect taxes (such as Sales Tax, VAT) or to withhold taxes. Any amount Kobogigs will be required to collect will be in addition to the purchase amount and any other fees payable by the Buyer, and any amount Kobogigs will be required to withhold will be deducted from the Seller’s revenue, as required by applicable laws.
· Indirect taxes are in addition to the price shown on the site, and in any event, any such taxes will always be displayed to the Buyer before payment.
· Users are responsible for paying any direct or indirect taxes, including any VAT, or income tax, which may apply to them depending on residency, location or otherwise, under provisions of their jurisdiction.
We encourage our Buyers and Sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails after using the Resolution Center or if you encounter non-permitted usage on the Site, users can contact Kobogigs's Customer Support department for assistance here.
· Order cancellations can be performed on Kobogigs, when eligible, by Customer Support or through the Resolution Center per order.
· Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Payment Terms. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled. Note: Once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
· In the event that you encounter an issue related to the service provided in an order, you are encouraged to use the Site's dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter.
· Kobogigs, through its Payment Services Provider, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
· All transfer and assignment of intellectual property to the Buyer shall be subject to full payment and the delivery may not be used if payment is canceled for any reason.
· If an order is canceled (for any reason), the funds paid will be returned to the Buyer’s Kobogigs Balance.
· Revisions to deliveries can be performed by Sellers based on the Seller’s Gig and customer care. Sellers may determine the amount of revisions they wish to offer, including no revisions.
· Requests for revisions can be performed through the Order Page while the order is marked as Delivered.
· Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.
· Kobogigs encourages Buyers and Sellers to resolve service disputes mutually using the Resolution Center.
· Eligibility for requests to Kobogigs to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Kobogigs delivery system. See below for Order specific eligibility.
· Completed orders (or, where applicable, completed milestones) may be canceled, upon review of our Customer Support team, up to 14 days after the order (or Milestone) is marked as complete. Please be advised that orders cannot be partially canceled (i.e. we can only cancel the entire order when it is justified).
· In rare circumstances where we find it appropriate, our Customer Support team may cancel a completed order even after 14 days have passed from its completion. In such cases, the amounts paid for the canceled order will be returned to the Buyer’s Kobogigs Balance and will be deducted from the Seller’s Kobogigs Balance or, if there are no sufficient amounts in the Seller’s Kobogigs Balance, from future revenues of such Seller.
· For orders made through the Kobogigs Logo Maker, once payment has been made, orders of Logo Designs may not be canceled.
· Orders are not eligible to be canceled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the Seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig Page. You may rate your experience with the Seller on the Order Page, including the overall level of service quality received.
· You must use Kobogigs Resolution Center to address your concerns and desired resolution related to the service provided by their Seller prior to contacting Customer Support. Customer Support will not take any action against Orders where the applicable has failed to inform their Seller of issues related to the Seller’s service and will allow Sellers to provide a resolution first. This does not include non-permitted usage of Kobogigs.
· Any non-permitted usage of Kobogigs encountered during an Order, after being reviewed by our Customer Support team, may result in the order being canceled. This includes, but not limited to; harassment, unlawful behavior, or other violations of Kobogigs’s Terms of Service.
· Kobogigs Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons:
Active orders (after requirements were submitted to the Seller and before the Seller delivers on Kobogigs):
1. The Seller is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
2. Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
3. Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of their requirements or the Seller’s delivery.
4. The user is no longer an active Kobogigs user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
Delivered Orders (after the Seller clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
1. The Seller uses the Delivery system to extend the delivery due date to complete the requested service without providing the final delivered service. Note: Multiple reported offenses will result in permanent suspension of your account.
2. The Seller delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements. Note: Subjectivity of the materials in question will be reviewed by our Customer Support team.
3. The Seller requests additional payments, on or off the Kobogigs platform, by withholding the final delivery of services directly related to the agreed requirements.
4. The Seller is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
5. Users who abuse the Request Revisions button to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements.
6. Users who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Seller not related to the agreed requirements.
Completed Orders (after the order is marked as complete and before the 14-day limitation)
1. Users who have been reported to use copyright/trademark infringing materials after verification and with proof.
2. Users who did not purchase commercial use rights and are reported to have used the materials commercially. Note: Terms of Commercial use are found on the Seller’s Gig Page and cannot be retroactively included once the order is completed for over 14 days.
3. Kobogigs Customer Support will review cases of Order delivery manipulation that prevents users from fully utilizing our Resolution Center that enabled the order to be marked as complete.
Kobogigs reviews cases of payment provider chargebacks and disputes on behalf of Sellers. Although results vary per case due to each chargeback reason, we work hard on resolving disputes in the Seller’s favor. If the chargeback case allows, Kobogigs (or one of Kobogigs’s Payment Services Providers) will return parts or full revenue back to Sellers, otherwise the chargeback amount will be borne by the Seller.
· Kobogigs does not automatically refund payments made for canceled orders back to your payment provider. Funds from order cancellations are returned to the Buyer's Kobogigs Balance and are available for future purchases on Kobogigs. Until May 30, 2021, funds returned to your Kobogigs Balance from canceled orders will not include service fees paid. As of May 30, 2021, Kobogigs returns service fees to your Kobogigs Balance once an order is canceled. In any event, if the service fees were not returned to your Kobogigs Balance following an order cancelation, such service fees’ amount will be exempted from your next purchase on Kobogigs.
· Deposit refunds (i.e. refunds directly to your payment provider) can be performed by our Customer Support team, based on the Order’s original payment amount and currency. To prevent fraud and abuse, we limit the total amount of times users can request a payment provider refund, which is subject to review by our Customer Support team. Such refunds may be subject to an additional fee.
· Kobogigs may make changes to these Payment Terms from time to time. When these changes are made, Kobogigs will make a new copy of the terms available on this page.
· You understand and agree that if you use Kobogigs after the date on which the Payment Terms have changed, Kobogigs will treat your use as acceptance of the updated Payment Terms.
YOUR USE OF THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER KOBOGIGS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH KOBOGIGS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL KOBOGIGS, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
IN ACCEPTING LIABILITY AS THE LIMITED AUTHORIZED PAYMENT COLLECTION AGENT OF SELLER, KOBOGIGS AND ITS AFFILIATES ASSUME NO LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF SELLER.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
The term “Affiliate” referred to herein, is an entity that, directly or indirectly, controls, or is under the control of, or is under common control with Kobogigs, where control means having more than fifty percent (50%) voting stock or other ownership interest or the majority of voting rights of such entity.
Last update: June 23, 2022
The short version
Information We Collect – You directly provide us with most of the information we collect: when you register to the Site, use it, complete forms, or register to any of our programs. We also collect information about your communications with Kobogigs as well as any of your posts on our blogs or forums and your communication with other users of Kobogigs. In addition, we automatically collect information while you access, browse, view or otherwise use the Site and receive information from third party vendors or other available sources.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information - Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a "lawful ground" for processing as detailed below.
How Do We Use the Information Collected? – We use personal information to provide you with quality service and security, to operate the Site, understand how people use the Site, and to perform our obligations to you; to ensure marketplace integrity and security; to prevent fraud; to contact you and send you direct marketing communications; to promote and advertise the Site, our services and the Kobogigs marketplace; to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information – We will keep personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some cases we will retain personal information for longer periods of time.
Children - This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age, are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. Minors under 13 are not permitted to use the Site or the Kobogigs services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties – We share personal information with third parties in order to operate the Site, provide our services to you, fulfil obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud, infringements and illegal activities.
Where We Store Personal Information - Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions, such as the United States and Israel.
Do Not Track (DNT) – Our Site does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
External Links - the Site contains links to third party sites and if you link to a third party site from the Site, any data you provide to that site and any use of that data by the third party are not under the control of Kobogigs and are not subject to this Policy.
Security – We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain the security of the Site and your personal information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
Updating Personal Information – We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately.
Contact Us - You can exercise your rights over your personal information, by opening a Customer Relations ticket or contacting us at email@example.com. For Kobogigs Workspace users, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details about the rights applicable to you are in the long version of the Policy.
The above are just the highlights. We encourage you to read more about the information we collect, how we use it, understand the meaning of cookies (no, you can’t eat it) and more in the long version of our Policy below.
The longer version
Kobogigs and its affiliated companies is committed to protecting the personal information of its users - buyers, sellers and other visitors browsing the Site (“users”) as well as affiliates, influencers and other collaborators interacting with Kobogigs. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information we collect when you visit and/or use the Site. This Policy explains our privacy practices for the Site and services provided by Kobogigs as well as privacy practices that apply to affiliates, influencers and other collaborators who are individuals. By accessing and/or using the Site and its related sites, applications, services, goods and/or registering for an account and/or registering to our affiliate or influencer or similar program, you acknowledge that you understand how we process your personal data in accordance with this Policy, including our collection, use, disclosure, processing and retention of personal information. You can also learn how to limit sharing of information in this Policy.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide. When you register to the Site, use it, complete forms, participate in skills tests or surveys, or use the Site as collaborator, and/or register to our affiliate or influencer or similar program, we ask you to provide certain personal information, including a valid email address, Facebook or Google account login details and username. We will also ask you to provide or otherwise collect additional information, such as, your name, profile details, physical address or billing information, telephone number or other contact details, transactional information, payment information (for example, in certain cases we process your payment method and credit card number), taxpayer information and forms, details about other social networks linked accounts, details about your listed gigs, purchases, education, profession and expertise, information and files uploaded by you to the Site, and additional authentication information (such as copies of your government issued ID, passport, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws and as detailed in our Seller Help Center at “Verifying Your Identity”). We also collect information about or contained in your communications with Kobogigs as well as any of your posts on our blogs or forums and your communication with other users of Kobogigs.
Additionally, in order to improve your online experience at Kobogigs, we have implemented impression reporting. While you view our ads, we gather user Global Unique Identifier, HTTP request data like, user agent, IP, host, URL, country/continent from which request made, browser info, device/operating system/operating system version.
Information We Receive from Third Parties. We receive information from third party vendors and/or other commercially available sources, such as:
We combine your personal information with information we collect automatically or obtain from other companies and use it for the purposes detailed in this Policy.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Personal Information
Where relevant under applicable laws, all processing of your personal information will be justified by a "lawful ground" for processing. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
How Do We Use The Information Collected?
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those set out in this Policy.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we will retain your personal information for longer periods of time. We will retain personal information for the following purposes:
This Site is offered and available to users who are at least 18 years of age or older and of legal age to form a binding contract. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age, are only permitted to use the Site through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission. Minors under 13 are not permitted to use the Site or the Kobogigs services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children's activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We share your personal information with third parties as detailed below:
Where We Store Your Personal Information
Some of the personal information you provide to us will be stored or processed on our behalf by third party suppliers and data processors and may be located in other jurisdictions.
Do Not Track
We implement technical and organizational measures to maintain the security of the Site, our services and personal information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures. Among other things, we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification (with respect to payment by credit cards), as required. In addition, we contractually ensure that any third party processing your personal information equally provides for confidentiality and integrity of your data in a secure way. However, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Users who have registered to the Site agree to keep their password in strict confidence and not disclose such password to any third party. Further information about our data security practices can be provided on request.
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data by us and we may be required to no longer process your personal data. Moreover, if your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. In this case your personal data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection. Please note that the right of access and the right to erasure do not constitute absolute rights and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access or erase in accordance with local laws.
We will ask you for additional data to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing data requested by you. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law. We will decline to process requests that jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or would cause us to take any action that is not permissible under applicable laws. Additionally, as permitted by applicable laws, we will retain where necessary certain personal information for a limited period of time for record-keeping, accounting and fraud prevention purposes.
Updating Personal Information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and we provide you with the opportunity to update your information through your account profile settings. In the event that you believe your information is in any way incorrect or inaccurate, please let us know immediately. We will make sure we investigate the matter and correct any inaccuracies as quickly as possible where necessary or give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we will ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. If for any reason you have a problem with deleting your personal information, please contact Kobogigs's Customer Support and we will make reasonable efforts to delete any such information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
If you delete your User Generated Content (“UGC”), as defined in the Kobogigs Terms of Service, from the Site, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including UGC, is governed by our Terms of Service.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal information, we kindly ask that you open a Customer Relations ticket. Please include all the relevant details, so your ticket can be handled correctly. We will process any requests in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions (or comments) concerning this Policy, please email our team at email@example.com, and we will make an effort to reply within a reasonable timeframe. For Kobogigs Workspace users, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intellectual Property Claims (Copyright (DMCA), Trademark Infringement)
Last update: March 2020
Reporting Claims of Copyright Infringement
Kobogigs.com.ng's content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). Kobogigs does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of copyright or other rights. However, if you believe any of the uploaded content violates your copyright or a related exclusive right, you should follow the process below. Kobogigs looks into reported violations and removes or disables content shown to be violating third party rights.
In order to allow us to review your report promptly and effectively, a copyright infringement notice ("Notice") should include the following:
You can send your Notice to our designated DMCA / Copyright Claims Agent at:
Note that we will provide the user who is allegedly infringing your copyright with information about the Notice and allow them to respond. In cases where sufficient proof of infringement is provided, we may remove or suspend the reported materials prior to receiving the user's response. In cases where the allegedly infringing user provides us with a proper counter-notification indicating that it is permitted to post the allegedly infringing material, we may notify you and then replace the removed or disabled material. In all such cases, we will act in accordance with applicable laws.
If you fail to comply with all of
the requirements of applicable laws of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under applicable laws.
If you believe that material you posted on the site was removed or access to it was disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may file a counter-notification with us (a "Counter-Notice") by submitting written notification to our DMCA / Copyright Claims agent (identified above). Pursuant to the DMCA, the Counter-Notice must include substantially the following:
The DMCA allows us to restore the removed content if the party filing the original DMCA Notice does not file a court action against you within ten business days of receiving the copy of your Counter-Notice. Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that material or activity on the Website was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) under applicable laws of the DMCA.]
Kobogigs.com.ng's content is based on User Generated Content (UGC). Kobogigs does not check user uploaded/created content for violations of trademark or other rights. However, if you believe any of the uploaded content violates your trademark, you should follow the process below. Kobogigs looks into reported violations and removes or disables content shown to be violating third party trademark rights.
In order to allow us to review your report promptly and effectively, a trademark infringement notice ("TM Notice") should include the following:
You can send your Notice to:
Note that we will provide the user who is allegedly infringing your trademark with information about the TM Notice and allow them to respond. In cases where sufficient proof of infringement is provided, we may remove or suspend the reported materials prior to receiving the user's response. In cases where the allegedly infringing user provides us with information indicating that it is permitted to post the allegedly infringing material, we may notify you and then replace the removed or disabled material. In all such cases, we will act in accordance with applicable law.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.